Y’all, 2023 is HERE and that is weird and wild. But while I’m working on content that is both wrapping up 2022 and looking ahead at 2023, I also need to actually conclude my wrap up posts of the year and thus, here is my December Wrap Up. I read 23 books in December, so woohoo! Let’s go ahead and get into it!
A Visual Breakdown of the Books I Read by Star Rating
- Total Books Read: 23
- Physical: 3
- Ebooks: 8
- Audiobooks: 12
- Owned: 5
- Hauled: 11
- Borrowed: 6
- ARCs: 4
- Most Read Genre: Contemporary Romance
My Posts of the Month
- November Wrap Up & Chaotic December TBR
- #FallInLoveBingo Wrap Up
- ARC Reviews: Mixed Signals, Built to Last, and Kiss Her Once for Me
- Most Anticipated Reads of Winter
- #SnowInLoveBingo Recommendations
- Checking In On My Most Anticipated Lists
- Favorite New to Me Authors of 2022
Posts from Around the Internet
- They finally announced that I get to watch Daisy Jones & The Six on my television on March 3, 2023!!! I cannot wait!
- Jaleesa shared a thread of Black romance books about female athletes!
- Jess shared a thread of her favorite romances in 2022! So did Tabs! And so did Caitlin! And so did Beth!
- Ellie hosted the most wonderful community piece of sharing our collective favorites and I’m sad I missed it live!
- Olivia Dade shared a free short story on her website!
- On Instagram, Sophie shared a fake dating trope list that is a delight!
- Also this amazing Bookstagram Wrapped post!!
I am truly awful at saving Instagram posts and mostly just share them to my stories in the moment, but please share your favorites down below with me, whether they’re your own or someone else’s!
So I made a 23 in 23 list in my bujo, let me know if you want me to share the list here, and then I picked two via random number generator and came away with The Charm Offensive and Twisted Hate. So the good news is, the random number generator eased me in gently and gave me two romances off the list! Then, as you’ll eventually see in my Goals post, I’m trying to read historical fiction for real this year and since the Buzzword for January is life or death, I’m going with The Secret Life of Violet Grant for my historical fiction this month. I’m also continuing with my goal of reading Black Love romances, though I’ve already forgotten how many boxes I put in my bujo for it. The one specifically I’ve put on my list for the month is Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan, but I need to read at least three this month. (I’m one in!) As for nonfiction, I’m intending to complete Mean Baby by Selma Blair. And now, for the ARCs I’m supposed to read this month:
And there you have it! Please let me know what you read in December and the books you’re looking forward to reading in January!