On the one hand, I’m sad my birthday month is over and on the other hand, I’m ready to fully embrace my Anne of Green Gables life and celebrate living in a world where there are Octobers. I’m beyond fortunate to live in a place where the leaves change colors and I have a lot of leaves to look at. I’m very excited to drive two miles of the Blue Ride Parkway to my favorite look out and just hang out with an apple crisp macchiato and pretend that I actually enjoy being out in nature. (I really just like looking at leaves, okay?) This month is when the scary thing that got moved from July was rescheduled to, so I’m also a bit anxious about this month, but for now, I’m going to focus on the positives. Now, let’s get to talking about the books, shall we?
A Visual Look at the Books I Read
Of the seven books that I rated 4 stars, five were re-reads. I really did have a great month of re-reading, honestly. I’ve also written about five of the seven books that are featured here, with a post on the way about The Hook Up.
Of the 4.5 star books I read, of which there were six (truly a quality reading month!), you can find my thoughts on The Spirit of Second Chances and Lovelight Farms on the blog. At some point, there will be a post that includes my thoughts on The Worst Guy by Kate Canterbary, I promise. I’m also tossing around the idea of putting together a post musing about the celebrity books I’ve read this year because I feel like they’ve been tackling the subject matter a little differently than what we’ve seen in the past and I have some thoughts. What do you think? Would that be of interest? Let me know!
My thoughts are already posted on The Holiday Trap, The Decoy Girlfriend, and A Merry Little Meet Cute. My thoughts are forthcoming on Bad Girl Reputation and A Turn of the Tide! If we’re lucky, my thoughts on Before Girl aren’t too far behind… I just have like six more books to read before I get there.
My thoughts on Aphrodite and the Duke are posted!
You’ll see my thoughts on all three of these when I recap #FallInLoveBingo (hopefully part one)! I’m really hoping to get through this bingo board twice because I love it.
My thoughts on An Offer from Mr. Wrong are posted!
And my thoughts on Cinderella’s Last Stand are also already posted!
- Total Books Read: 25
- Rereads: 5
- Pages Read: 8,580, Average Pages Read: 343
- ARCs: 12
My Posts This Month
- August Wrap Up & September TBR
- #FallInLoveBingo Recommendations
- ARC Reviews: Aphrodite and the Duke, Carrie Soto is Back, and The Holiday Trap
- Ranking All 46 2022 Releases I’ve Read from May – August
- Bang in the Night Bingo 2 TBR
- Harlequin ARC Reviews: An Offer from Mr. Wrong, Cinderella’s Last Stand, The Rivals of Casper Road, and The Spirit of Second Chances
- Contemporary ARC Reviews: A Merry Little Meet Cute, The Decoy Girlfriend, and Lovelight Farms
- Try a Chapter: October ARCs
- Contemporary Romance Favorites Project: Hate to Want You, Rock Hard, and A Duke by Default (so technically, this went up on 10/1, but shh. It was supposed to be posted on 9/30!!)
Posts from Around the Internet
- Geri of @gerireads passed away and there is a Go Fund Me posted to help support her family. Geri was a wonderful member of romancelandia and particularly my little area of the internet. I’ve missed seeing her thoughts on my timeline already.
- I really enjoyed Veena’s review of The Spirit of Second Chances so I wanted to share that!
- In case you missed it, Bang In the Night Bingo is back!
- Love in Panels has a great post on Monster Romance!
- Nick is so good at selling books to me. See her review here of Heartbreaker and my other favorite of the month, In a Jam. I swear, I really am going to get around to reading both of those books soon.
- Kara’s Bookshelf sold me on Magnolia Parks so hard that I made (okay, asked very nicely) my sister buy it for me for my birthday!
- Helena Greer made a lovely thread of diverse holiday reads.
- thenaptimewriter on Instagram made a trope post of Marriage of Convenience recs so obviously I save that. I love marriage of convenience books so much.
- Latine Heritage Month Bingo
I know there have been a lot more wonderful posts that have dropped this month and probably that I’ve even seen this month. But I haven’t done a particularly spectacular job documenting them. Oops. Please share your own favorite posts down below so I can check them out!!
Besides all of the ARCs I mentioned in my Try a Chapter: October ARCs post, I also am trying to lean into spooky season a little bit too. I mean, not like a lot. But witches and some dark academia vibes:
I hope your September was lovely and that October will be even better! I have a lot of posts planned for October, but no idea how that will go. So fingers crossed I can get some of this content written up for y’all. Let me know your favorite book of September below!