August was a pretty lovely reading month, honestly. I’ve started my Throne of Glass re-read and I’m having such a great time annotating it. And overall, I got to read some really great books this month. Personally, this month was… wild. Very wild. Lots of good things, including but not limited to, TAYLOR SWIFT IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM ON OCTOBER 21ST. I absolutely cannot wait!!
Also, I’ve been so grateful for all of the people in my life who are so wonderful at listening to me angst out over my job, where I’m going in life, what I’m supposed to be doing… You know, a lot. Oh! And also, I started this month on vacation?? I can’t believe I’ve already forgotten. I loved getting to spend a week with my nephew. He’s the absolute best and I love him so much. Anyway, let’s get to talking about the books, shall we?
A Visual Representation of the Books I Read in August
- Total Books Read: 22
- Format: Physical (8), Ebooks (4), Audiobooks (10)
- Source: Owned (6), Hauled (8), ARCs (5), Borrowed (3)
- Rereads: 7
- Most Read Genre: Contemporary Romance
- Favorite New to Me Read: All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata
My Posts This Month
- July Wrap Up and August TBR
- Historical ARC Reviews: Compromised Into a Scandalous Marriage, The Return of the Duke, and A Lady’s Guide to Fortune-Hunting
- Mini Series Review of Karla Sorensen’s Washington Wolves and the Extended Universe
- Speculative August Releases: Wild is the Witch, Ruby Fever, Storm Echo, and The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy
- Most Anticipated Books of Fall
- Contemporary Romance Project #2: Into the Blue, The Magnolia Chronicles, and Block Shot
- #FallInLoveBingo Announcement and TBR
- ARC Reviews: Nothing but the Truth, Thank You for Listening, and Mad About You
- Try a Chapter: September ARCs
- ARC Reviews: Fake It Till You Bake It, After Hours on Milagro Street, and Bend Toward the Sun
Posts from Around the Internet I Enjoyed This Month
- #SapphicSeptember Announcement
- A Buzzfeed article from Sil of some Marriage of Convenience recommendations.
- Olivia Dade has the coolest preorder goodies and you should definitely consider pre-ordering Ship Wrecked if you’re interested.
- This NPR Interview with Beverly Jenkins and Courtney Milan.
- Latinx Book Bingo is back!!
I have no doubt that I’m not telling you about so many other amazing things. But, uh, August really was quite the whirlwind. So please let me know what I missed from you/around the internet in the comments down below because I would love to get caught up!!
In addition to my ARCs, I’m planning to participate in Becca’s Bookoplothon. I set out to roll enough times to get me around the board once, which turned out to be seven times. The prompts I received in order are <300 pages, People on the Cover, Between 225-274 pages, Messy, Features a Romance, First Person, and Randomize Your TBR. The following books are the ones I chose after rolling:
I’m honestly so excited about the books I’ve put on this TBR from the rolls. I want to read all of these books so much so it’s definitely a great time. I also watched too many TBR videos and decided to roll a couple more times for fun and was able to add two ARCs to my next two rolls so I’m feeling good about being able to technically get all the way through Roll 9. (I got People on the Cover again and then Favorite Trope. I’ve tentatively slotted in The Rivals of Casper Road and The Decoy Girlfriend for those.)
Let me know in the comments below how your August went and what you’re most looking forward to in September!! It’s my birthday month so I can’t wait to celebrate all month long.