October was quite a month and we’ve entered a time of year where I just stay busy, apparently. So although I’m not thrilled about the part where I’m only really keeping a post a week pace, it does seem like that’s likely to remain where things are for the next little while. I spent October prepping for a huge work thing that ended in a positive way and then went out to Minneapolis to see one of my best friends and had a gluten free cupcake (okay, two) from Nadia Cakes while I was there. I also got a signed copy of Part of Your World, which made me super excited!! Then I went home the following weekend and got to go to the Homecoming WVU game and saw another one of my best friends and her extremely perfect little girl. Plus on Sunday, I got to spend some time with my nephew, aka, my favorite person. And, arguably most importantly, TAYLOR SWIFT DROPPED MIDNIGHTS FINALLY!!!! It was a really great month all around, honestly. But for now, let’s talk about books, shall we? I read less in October than I have in any other month of the year, but that’s alright. I was busy!
Oh, and if you haven’t had a chance to check out my new blog page, please take a minute to do so! My sister has made it look so lovely and I’m really delighted by it!
A Look at My October Reads
- Total Books Read: 17
- Format Consumer: Audiobooks (all)
- Owned: 3
- Hauled: 11
- Borrowed: 3
- LGBTQIA Rep: 2
- BIPOC Authors: 5 (ish)
- Most Read Genre: Contemporary Romance
- Favorite Book of the Month: Missing in Action by Kate Canterbary
- September Wrap Up & October TBR
- ARC Reviews: Bad Girl Reputation, A Turn of the Tide, and Witchful Thinking
- Favorite Books of Summer
- ARC Reviews: The Empress, Bad Vibes Only, and A Curse of Queens
Posts From Around the Internet
- Jessabiblophile made a fun reel that includes Arranged Marriage/Marriage of Convenience Recommendations
- Emily in the Web on Instagram has Midnights + books Recommendations
- Nahomy’s Library has a post for book recs based on your favorite Taylor Swift era
- I can’t stop giggling about bandherbooks Trope Tuesday Grinch themed post.
- Bookish Swifties Club has a ton of book + Taylor Swift content, but this one is books to Midnights song/book pairings.
- Talk About Swoon is a gem and made a book recommendations post for ADHD Awareness Month.
- Kay Kays Bookshelf made an aesthetic post for Bergman Brothers and Midnights songs.
- Bloom Publishing embraced the Midnights era and I love their pairings.
- And so did Avon!
- Kathryn made this truly genius scrapbook type posts about the Lovelight Farms series by B.K. Borison (which I’m now madly in love with).
- Mel started a thread of 5 Star Romance Reads and it was a delight to scroll through.
- Jacque’s Midnights + Books post!
So November is the month I do my best to catch up on my Nonfiction goal, but I actually am only like one book behind, so I’m doing a great job, tbh. And also, I try and course correct when I’ve done a crap job of reading from Indigenous authors! Then, as is apparent, I have a lot of ARCs that I haven’t picked up and am very behind on. So here is a quick look at like… too many books I need to read.
Y’all. I think it is incredibly obvious that my entire personality is now Taylor Swift’s Midnights. I’ve actually just ordered all the stuff I need to put my costume together for the Eras Tour because we are MANIFESTING tickets for this, okay? Best of luck to anyone else trying to get tickets! But anyway, that’s enough for now.