Y’all, I read a lot this month, so buckle up for a lot of images coming your way in the rating portion of this post. Other than re-reading Guild Hunters in preparation for Archangel’s Light, which I adored, I had several other really good reads as well. It was a good month for audiobooks, although I’ve now bumped my speed up to 2.5x and I’m a little concerned about what that says about my brain. The countdown is now officially on for Red (Taylor’s Version) (as if I wasn’t already counting down), but we’re getting so close!! And it’s basically time for Christmas season. I just need Starbucks to give me access to my chestnut praline latte and then I’ll be humming Christmas carols between emotional breakdowns to the ten minute version of “All Too Well.” Is this how you’re supposed to adult? I will say, my audiobook listening is about to come to a crashing halt once Red lands so… we’ll see what my reading looks like. I only read four audiobooks in April when Fearless (Taylor’s Version) dropped. Anyway, at this point, I’m just rambling. Let’s get into the books!
A Visual Representation by Rating of the Books I Read in October
Total Books Read: 31
Format: Physical (3), Audiobook (18), Ebook (10)
Source: Owned (9), Hauled (10), Borrowed (8), ARCs (7)
My October Posts
Some Posts I’ve Loved from Around the Internet
- I always love Wendy’s Unusual Historicals post even though I still don’t read enough.
- We got a double dose of Psy-Changeling recaps this month with Play of Passion and Kiss of Snow coming from Melanie and Melinda. (Also, in Nalini news, Melanie, Melinda, and Angela reviewed Archangel’s Light as well, which I loved, but am not reviewing.)
- Melanie’s review of A Thorn in the Saddle by Rebekah Weatherspoon was very encouraging to my feet dragging on reading… well, basically any of my ARCs. Anyway, you can read hers instead of mine!
- I still don’t know what sparked this thread, but here’s a great thread of Jewish romances started by Aviva Blakeman.
- This astrology + romance book graphic is actual perfection (because Libra is It Happened One Summer and my moon (Cancer) is Red, White, and Royal Blue… My Venus sign is fine).
- Amber’s Paranormal Beings post because just because Halloween is over, it doesn’t mean you have to give up your spooky books.
Y’all, I know I’ve missed so many posts. I’ve barely posted anything myself and I’m sorry about that. But… exhaustion is real. At least I’ve been reading? Anyway, let me know your favorite posts. And also, what are you looking forward to in the next two months? Let’s fight seasonal depression together. 🙂
4 responses to “October Wrap Up”
What a great reading month! I have white a few of these on my TBR!
2.5x Jen???? I’m making my way up to 1.8x!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I do not know what’s happening… Lol. My brain is just like, go FASTER. It’s probably not good.
[…] October Wrap Up […]