Well, July went nothing like I anticipated and yet, it was still incredibly busy and somewhat overwhelming, though not in the way I thought it would be. It’s certainly been an adventure and I’m so glad to have Mocha (my new kitten) on this journey with me. We’re adjusting to one another. By which I’m trying to get my body to grow accustomed to Mocha’s insistence that we both wake up at like 6:00. It’s not going well for me. Anyway, lets talk about the books I’ve read this month, shall we?
Books Read in July
So, if you’re wondering if I managed to tackle honestly anything on my TBR, the answer is essentially no. But let’s do some statistics anyway!
- Total Books Read: 22
- Audiobooks: 15
- Ebooks: 5
- Physical Books: 2
- Owned Already: 3
- Hauled: 8
- ARC: 5
- Borrowed: 7
My Posts This Month
- June Wrap Up and July TBR
- Checking in on my Winter and Spring Highly Anticipated Lists
- Mid-Year Goals Check In
- Try a Chapter Tag
- Favorites of Quarter 2
- Let’s Talk: Marketing Romance Novels
- Contemporary Romance Project: Check In #1
- ARC Reviews: Eclipse the Moon, American Royalty, and After Hours Temptation
- ARC Reviews: For You & No One Else, Bet on It, and What Moves the Dead
Other Posts from Around the Internet
- If you’re confused by all the references I’ve been making about the Kate Canterbary rotary circle, please see this meme B made for the two of us. It’s everything.
- Nick made this graphic of all these books I want to read because cozy paranormal is currently the mood I’m in, even if you can’t tell by the books I’m reading. (The graphic really is great. And so is the review contained within. Just trust me.)
- Honestly, if you’re not following B on twitter, you should fix that. She started this thread of nicknames we’ve loved that have been used in romance novels and I had a great time reading through all of these. And also, I cannot choose my own answer. I’m leaning toward Will calling Shannon peanut, but that could be because I’m still wrecked from my re-read of The Cornerstone.
I know I usually have so many more and I know and recognize that I should actually read all the blog posts on my feed and my email and bring y’all more posts, but well, time this month. I’m so sorry. Please share with me your favorite post of yours or someone else’s in the comments below!! I would love to read them.
We may as well embrace ARC August because I feel like that’s all I should be reading. But I really am struggling to get off the Kate Canterbary rotary circle so… We shall see. Although, just so we’re clear, there is a zero percent chance I’m not dropping everything for Storm Echo. Do you think my work would get mad if I just called in on August 9th? We could call it a mental health day! I’m also desperately looking forward to my audio re-read of Ruby Fever! The ARC was amazing, obviously, but I’m obsessed with listening to these books on repeat essentially so August 26th is another day I may need off. Aside from the intense amount of books I’ve already listed, I’d also like to get to Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood and The Close Up by Kennedy Ryan. We’ll see how much I can accomplish!
What are you hoping to get read?
3 responses to “July Wrap Up & August TBR”
I hope you love The Undertaking of Hart + Mercy bc that is one of the best books I’ve read all year. So delightfully quirky, and odd, and just plain perfect. I hope you have a great August!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, I’m so glad to hear that!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] July Wrap Up and August TBR […]