Y’all, I’m going to be honest. My mental health has been a bit of a mess the last month or so. I’m not really sure what’s going on, but it’s been a bit of a struggle and I do not appreciate it. So, if I continue to be chaotic in terms of a posting schedule and actually getting ARC reviews up, just know that I apologize in advance and also, I really am doing my best. I have some exciting things forthcoming in my personal life, so hopefully I’ll get back on track, but for now, I’m just trying to focus on surviving. Anyway, let’s actually talk about the books I read in January!
A Visual Representation of Books I Read This Month by Rating
3.5 Stars and 3 Stars
- Total Books Read: 13
- Physical Books Read: 5
- Ebooks: 2
- Audiobooks: 6
- Borrowed: 2
- Re-reads: 2
Goals Check In
Well, the good news is, I read four of the twelve fantasy books I want to read this year. The bad news is, I didn’t actually include Wheel of Time in my fantasy TBR because I knew I would keep reading them. Additionally, I read one book with trans or non-binary representation. The bad news is, I read zero books with sapphic representation in a main character. The good news is I read one new to me author of color (Farah Heron) and the bad news is that I would really like to be introducing myself to between two and three new to me authors of color a month. I read no nonfiction, Indigenous authors, no historical fiction, and no classics. Also, I didn’t really develop much of a writing habit. But you know what, we survived the month of January and that is enough.
My Posts of the Month
- December Wrap Up
- My Favorite Backlist Romances I Read in 2021
- Favorite Non-Romance Titles Read in 2021
- Favorites of the Fourth Quarter
- 2021 Wrap Up and 2022 Goals
- Ranking All the 2021 Releases I Read from September through December
- My Fantasy TBR: A List and a Request for Opinions
- Historical Fiction TBR and a Plea for Y’all to Help Me Prioritize
- #SnowInLoveBingo Recommendations
- Reacting to the Swoonies Semi-Finals and Planning My TBR: Contemporary Only
Posts from Around the Internet I Enjoyed in January
Quick Note: I have not read enough blog posts this month at all. Please drop links in the comments or @ me on twitter your favorites!!
- Amber’s list of 2022 Adult SFF Titles by BIPOC authors is such a great resource as always.
- I love statistic recaps so much so of course I have to share Dani’s 2021 Reading Stats post!
- I’m also in love with Nick’s post sharing her favorite Quiet Releases of 2021.
- Also, since I loved Anita Kelly’s Love & Other Disasters, I loved this Tea Time interview Nick did with them.
Here’s hoping we all have a good rest of February! ❤