So… “August slipped away like a moment in time” is definitely an apt lyric because wow, did the month fly by. Although somehow the first week of August when I was on vacation feels like it happened years ago. Weird how that works. Somehow (vacation probably) I got my reading groove back and managed to read 25 books this month! Before you get really impressed, nine of those books were re-reads and also, SO many of the books I read this month were Ilona Andrews books because I was in a mood. Basically I could re-read Hidden Legacy every month and probably improve my outlook on life in general, but instead I seem to limit myself to every couple months instead. But setting aside my IA dive, let’s just go ahead and get into the books, shall we?
Books Read in August
5 Star Reads
Bookish Monthly Statistics
Total Books Read: 25
Format: Physical (7), Ebooks (4), Audiobooks (14)
Source: Owned (13), Hauled (9), ARCs (3, technically), and Borrowed (3)
Authors of Color: 7
Five Stars: 15
- July Wrap Up
- Reading Three Harlequins
- Catch Up on ARC Reviews: What the Hex, What if You and Me, and Well, This is Exhausting
- #FallInLoveBingo Announcement and TBR
Posts Around the Internet
Tbh, I’ve been doing a terrible job keeping up with people’s posts lately, so please share your favorite posts from the month in the comments below! Here are the ones I have really enjoyed.
- Dani’s #FallInLoveBingo TBR!
- The Bookstore Romance Day Panels, most of which can be found on their YouTube page.
- Can you believe Amber has been blogging for TEN YEARS? I love her content and to celebrate her ten year anniversary, she’s hosting a giveaway!
- Nick and Ari’s review of The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang was really illuminating for me and I am grateful for their voices! There’s also Nick’s novella recommendations post, which I would also recommend.
- This Sapphic September recommendations tiktok!
And there you have it! I’m realizing just how little time I spent on twitter this month, so I guess that’s good? But please let me know all the things I missed and about how your August was.