Y’all… What a month. I can’t remember if I explained that my job responsibilities officially changed on April 1st or not, but let’s just say, this adjustment has meant a whole lot more on my ability to take in new information and therefore I am both struggling to read and struggling to output creative content. That said, I’m feeling a lot better this weekend than I did through all of April, so if I can keep up this current mental health trend, we might just figure out how to turn it around. But, for now, let’s talk about the 20 books I read in April.
Books Read in April by Rating
3 – 3.5 Stars
Total Books Read: 20
Format Read: 6 physical, 10 ebooks, and 4 audiobooks
How Acquired: 7 already owned, 7 hauled, 5 ARCs, and one borrowed
Six BIPOC authors, 14 white authors
Favorites of the Month:
My Reviews and Blog Posts:
- Favorite Books of January – March
- Mini Series Reviews: The Brown Sisters, So Over the Holidays, Building 402 Novella Series
- Nonfiction Reviews: Broken, Untamed, and I’m Still Here
- Reading Three of My Most Anticipated Books of April: To Love and To Loathe, Twice Shy, and The Intimacy Experiment
- A to Z Underrated Romance Recommendations
- Reading Three Harlequins from Different Category Lines: Taking on the Billionaire, His to Protect, and A Marriage of Equals
A Round Up of Fun Romance Content Around the Internet
- Something I’m very excited about is the readathon Amber is hosting for The Swoonies called Read the Swoonies, taking place from May 1 – September 1st, which hopefully gives me plenty of time to figure out which books of the 38 winners I haven’t read and READ them. You’ll see a more in depth post from me with my TBR soon!
- Jessica from PeaceLoveBooksxo on YouTube shared a video reviewing all the 2021 Romances she’s read so far this year, which I enjoyed watching. It also reminded me of my post from last year ranking all of that year’s releases through April. That was an unwieldy project and I need to decide if/how to tackle it again…
- Nick, Hannah, and Charlotte teamed up for this brilliant post on Angst in Romance for Nick’s blog and I loved it so much. And, as usual, speaking on Nick, did you see her incredible Tea Time Talks series starter? She interviewed R.M. Virtues and it was excellent. And we can’t forget her Bakers in Romance post either.
- Katee Robert did a tiktok of four Hades/Persephone retellings to read while we wait for Neon Gods!
- Kennedy Ryan’s Hoops series and All the King’s Men series have been optioned!! My delight is beyond words.
- The next post in Dani and my’s project of pairing Old School Romances I’ve never read but Dani loved with a contemporary romance I loved and Dani hasn’t read is up! We read Fly with Me by Chanel Cleeton and Velvet Song by Jude Deveraux. Now someone make me read A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss so the next one can be to you soon too…
- Love in Panels did five quick reviews in one post, which I thought was fantastic.
- Melanie and Melinda tackled Mine to Possess this month and they did an amazing job. Honestly, one of the first things Melanie says in it is this, “That awkward moment when you reread a book you just read two years ago and realize the 5 stars you initially gave it needs to be dropped down to a 3.” And I did the same thing!! Except arguably worse because I re-read it like a month later and dropped it then. Lolol
I know that’s a short round up, but, honestly, between my job and Taylor Swift… I didn’t do much else last month. Please share with me the posts you think I shouldn’t have missed! I would love to see them.