Y’all, I am so excited to share with you my list of favorite couples this year. Kim’s challenge really gives us the opportunity to spotlight some of the things I otherwise wouldn’t really talk about, but I read some incredible romances this year where the relationship really shined. So let’s talk about my list!
10. Hugh and Elara from Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews
9. Poppy and Alex from People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
8. Amelie St. James and Benedict Moore from The Brightest Star in Paris by Diana Biller
7. Kathryn and Griff from Scoundrel of My Heart by Lorraine Heath
6. Will and Nora from Love at First by Kate Clayborn
5. Canon and Neevah from Reel by Kennedy Ryan
4. Fitz and Millie from Ravishing the Heiress by Sherry Thomas
3. Harlow and Finn from Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren
2. Jasper-Anne and Linden from The Belle and the Beard by Kate Canterbary
- Aodhan and Illium from Archangel’s Light by Nalini Singh
The thing all ten of these couples have in common is that their happily ever after felt hard won, by which I mean, there was a lot of character work in every single one of these books. I really feel like I understood the characters and why they loved one another. I left the book confident that they could overcome anything the world throws their way in the future. Do I want more? Oh, 100%. I require more of Aodhan and Illium and Hugh and Elara as soon as Nalini and Ilona can get more to me. I will be patient though. “Patient.” Anyway, please share with me what makes a couple your OTP and if we have any OTPs in common!